Committee Co-Chairs: Donna Blackwell (Winston-Govans) and Dan Pontious (Radnor-Winston)
Committee Meeting Times: Fourth Monday of the month at 8:30am
YRP’s Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Committee seeks to promote a healthy and vibrant York Road community. The committee consists of neighborhood residents, community organizations, institutions, and other interested parties working collaboratively to ensure a strong York Road community, neighborhood associations, and commercial corridor.
We work to increase housing resources within the corridor’s neighborhoods in a way that improves equity. Past work includes:
- Advocated for additional Healthy Neighborhoods in the corridor
- Coordinated applications for the Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative (BRNI), we have worked to
- Coordinate revitalization resources around the corridor’s new 21st Century Schools and related INSPIRE process, e.g. Slow Streets, Safe Routes to School, resurfacing.
Current Committee Goals:
- Work with DHCD to focus a “tool box” of their programs (e.g., homeownership incentives, My Deed My Legacy, lead abatement, rehab loans, weatherization) on selected target blocks in the corridor in a way that serves the residents there and revitalizes the neighborhoods.
- Market corridor neighborhoods as attractive to new homeowners and businesses through strategies like adding east-side neighborhoods to the Healthy Neighborhoods program or otherwise working with the City to advance a Middle Neighborhoods revitalization strategy here.
- Bring resources to the corridor through programs like BRNI and Community Catalyst grants.